June 15, 2012

Time Zones

There are so many great things that remain with me as a result of my travels. As I settle in to my life back in California, I begin to name them, and set them down on these pages. I don't need a map to remember how many friends I've made and have around the world, but it never ceases to amaze me that whenever I open up my inbox or any myriad of social networking pages, a new message may be coming from 100, 1,000 or 12,000 miles away. There may be a few hours difference, or an entire day, but we are keeping up-to-date with all the many, many things that are happening in our lives. Technology is certainly shrinking the   idea of the physical miles between us, but having traveled those miles by car, boat and plane, I understand a little better what those miles mean, and keeping in touch with my friends is a never-ending and wonderful source of astonishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!