April 23, 2012

My Last Month in Melbourne

My last month in Melbourne was everything I could have hoped it would be for me. It was fun and cold and windy. It was nostalgic and bittersweet. I found someone I cared about, but also found it was a matter of bad timing. I was excited about where I was headed next, but I missed the city even before I'd left it. There are so many wonderful things about Melbourne and Australia that I wished that I could take with me, and that I could hope to come back to someday. And maybe, hopefully soon, one day I will. But travel has taught me one significant thing, and that is that traveling can be a lonely endeavor. It's an enterprise best undertaken with a partner. I loved Australia's character, and I hope soon to be back in this beautiful, lonely, innovative country. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!